- CONTINUING ED
- PUBLIC PROGRAMS
- COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT
Interdisciplinary Studies supports students in their interests to diversify or broaden their experiences at Otis in studies outside of their major.
|For students who are interested in more than one art/design discipline, or who are just as passionate about their Liberal Arts and Sciences courses as they are about their studio courses, Interdisciplinary Studies allows students to pursue a defined course sequence that explores a specific theme, topic or discipline (minor) or a series of self-directed elective courses in a second studio area (Interdisciplinary Concentration).|
Students pursuing Interdisciplinary Studies will:
• Develop an awareness of interdisciplinary opportunities in professional art and design practices.
• Increase their exposure to a broad range of skills, experiences, and knowledge.
• Pursue a minor or concentration that extends and complements studies in the major.
Michele Jaquis, Director
Ricardo Estrada, Program Assistant
The Interdisciplinary Studies office, Ahmanson 606, is open Monday and Friday, 9:30 am - 2:30 pm and Tuesday - Thursday, 9:30 am - 6 pm. Studio visits and advisement on courses, internships, graduate schools and careers are available for all current and prospective Interdisciplinary Studies students. Call (310) 846-2634 or email the IS Program Assistant to schedule a meeting with the IS Director.
1. Download Declaration of Minor/Interdisciplinary Concentration form (PDF)
2. Complete top portion of form in conversation with Advisor or Interdisciplinary Studies Director
3. Complete middle portion of form from Registration Office
4. Obtain signed approvals from department chairs/directors of major and minor/IC and Director of Interdisciplinary Studies
5. Interdisciplinary Studies Office distributes copies to major/minor departments, LAS, Registration and student