Welcome to Otis’ Independent Contractor Questionnaire Form!
The Independent Contractor Questionnaire online form is a compliance questionnaire created to determine the proper employment status between an Independent Contractor and an Employee.
This is processed by Human Resources & Development.
Anyone who performs services for Otis in which the College controls what will be done and how it will be done. The factors designating someone as an employee include, but are not limited to:
- A specific wage or salary.
- An implied or written contract.
- Control of the person’s work by the College.
Example: Someone hired to photograph a College-sponsored event where the College provides the camera equipment, space, dictates schedule for work, and pays for the development of the photos.
This is processed by Business Office.
Person whose earnings are subject to Self-Employment Tax and the Payer (Client) has the right to control or direct only the result of the work and not what will be done and how it will be done.
When you have finished
Once the online form is completed, you will be contacted by either Human Resources & Development or the Business Office with further instructions. Please allow at least three (3) business days for review.
- If you are contacted by Human Resources & Development you will have to go through a recruitment process.
- If you are contacted by the Business Office you will need to go through an Independent Contractor contract.
For additional information
- Sample of an Independent Contractor Questionnaire Online Form (pdf)
- Sample of the Recruitment Process (pdf)
- Sample of an Summer 2012 Information Session Presentation (pdf)
What is an Honorarium Payment?
This is a payment to a guest who is not an Otis Employee invited by a Department to lecture or present to the College Community. A token of thanks for an expert in a particular field and not payment for services.
Example: Guest Lecturer for one night who is a well renowned Fine Artist.
Honorarium Checklist (pdf)