SEVIS: STUDENT & EXCHANGE VISITOR INFORMATION SYSTEM
SEVIS reports the following information to USCIS (United States Citizenship and Immigration Services)
and ICE (Immigration and Customs Enforcement):
- Personal Address Information
- Financial Information—education funding
- Academic Program Information—full time/part time
enrollment, major changes, disciplinary actions, extension of
- Employment information: optional/curricular practical training,
off campus employment authorization
- Termination or completion of study
- Dependent information
The SEVIS program is funded in part by your SEVIS fee ($200 for F-1 students, $180 for J-1 students) to the U.S. Department of Homeland Security.
It is important to understand the F-1 immigration regulations in order to maintain status while you are in the U.S. For more information, please contact the Registrar’s Office.