- CONTINUING ED
- PUBLIC PROGRAMS
- COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT
UPDATE SPRING 2011: The Self Service PIN is no longer limited to 6 characters.
Which username and password do I use?
|Otis Webmail||Xnumber||Email password||Email username||Email password|
|O-Space *||Xnumber||Email password||Email username||Email password|
|Otis Wi-Fi Network||Xnumber||Email password||Email username||Email password|
|OtisDID||Xnumber||Email password||Email username||Email password|
|Research Databases||Xnumber||Email password||Email username||Email password|
|Proxy Server||Xnumber||Email password||Email username||Email password|
|ACS Computers||Xnumber||Email password||Email username||Email password|
|IS Computers||n/a||n/a||Email username||Email password|
* Alumni: Please use the new O-Space Login Page for Alumni and enter your Xnumber and PIN.
Some sites at Otis allow you to choose your own username and password. They are not synched up with Email or Self Service. For the following services, all eligible users will choose their own username and password.
What are these credentials and where can I get help?
Everyone forgets a username and password at least once. Use the chart below to determine which one(s) you need and where to go for assistance. If you still need help, please contact your department assistant.
|Credential||What It Is||Example||Forgot it?|
|Xnumber||Otis ID number||X20098765||It is printed on your Otis ID card|
||First part of your Otis email address, i.e. the part before "@otis.edu"
Also known as your regular username or email username.
|jdoe||Contact the IS Helpdesk at x6914|
|Password||8-15 character password
Also known as your regular password or email password.
|paSsw0rd||Student: Go in person to the Academic Computing office on the 4th floor.
Faculty and Staff: Go in person to the IS Office or contact the IS Helpdesk at x6914.
Everyone: Use the Password Manager
|PIN||Password exclusively used for accessing Self Service (formerly limited to 6 characters)||12u4L67x||1. Use the Forgot PIN? link on the Self Service homepage.
2. If that doesn't work, go in person with a photo ID to the Registration Office
Help! I forgot my PIN!
1. If you cannot remember your PIN, first try logging into Self Service. You may remember the PIN when you see the page.
2. If you still do not remember the PIN, enter your Xnumber into the box and click on the Forgot PIN button.
3. A new screen will appear asking you the security question you set up the first time you used Self Service. Answer the question.
4. A new screen will appear asking you to choose a new PIN. Type it into both boxes.
If you have not set up a security question, or cannot answer it correctly, you must go in person with a photo ID to the Information Systems office.
How do I change my PIN?
1. Log into Self Service.
2. Click on the link for the Personal Information Menu.
3. Click on the link for Change PIN. It should be the first option listed.
4. Enter your current PIN and your new PIN into the appropriate boxes.
Help! I forgot my email password!
1. Use the Password Manager. It will ask you personal challenge questions.
2. If you have not sset up the challenge questions, or cannot answer them correctly:
A. Students: Go in person to the ACS office on the 4th floor.
B. Faculty/Staff: Go in person to the IS office in the basement.
How do I change my Email password?
You can change your email password using 2 different methods — while logged on to an Otis computer on campus or through Otis Webmail. If you encounter any errors while changing your password, please contact the IS Helpdesk at (310) 665-6914.
1. Go to the login page for Otis Webmail.
2. Click on the box that says "I want to change my password after logging on."
3. Login with your username and password.
4. In the next window, enter your old password once and your new password twice.
5. You will receive confirmation that your password was changed.
On an Otis Mac
1. Click on the Apple menu button and choose System Preferences.
2. Click on the Accounts icon. A new window will open.
3. Click on the Change Password... button.
4. Enter your old and new passwords into the appropriate boxes.
5. Click Change Password to save your changes.
On an Otis PC
1. Click and hold down the Ctrl - Alt - Delete keys.
2. The Windows Security window will appear on top of the desktop background; nothing else will be visible.
3. Click on the Change Password... button, located in the lower left corner of the Windows Security box.
4. Check that your "User name" and "Log in to" boxes contain your Email Username and OTIS.
5. Enter your old and new passwords into the appropriate boxes.
6. Click the OK button to save these changes.
Via Webmail (Alternate method)
1. Go to the login page for Otis Webmail.
2. Click on the Options button in the left-hand menu. A page with the Out of Office Assistant will appear. Scroll down to the bottom of the page.
3. Click on the Change Password button. A small window, entitled Internet Service Manager, will pop-up.
4. Type OTIS into the Domain box and your Email Username into the Account box. View a screenshot here. Enter your old and new passwords into the appropriate boxes.
5. Click on the OK button to save these changes. The small window will close.
6. Scroll up to the top of the page.
7. Click on the Save and Close button.
8. Log out of Otis Webmail.
Some sites at Otis allow you to choose your own username and password. They are not synched up with Email or Self Service.
You only need one account for the Otis Blogs, i.e. any site with the URL https://blogs.otis.edu.
During the registration process you will be given an automated password. You may change it by updating your profile. If you forget your password for the Otis blogs, go to the login page for the Otis Blogosphere, https://blogs.otis.edu/community/wp-login.php, and click on Lost your password? link. Follow the instructions to reset your blogs password.
If you still have trouble logging into an Otis Blog, please visit the Library for more help.
For more information about using the systems, please visit the Contact IS page