- CONTINUING ED
- PUBLIC PROGRAMS
- COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT
Wireless Web Connection Available
You will need is a wireless NIC (network interface card) set to DHCP (dynamic host configuration protocol). Pass keys are available from the Computer Lab on the 4th.
Rules for Library Computers
1. Don't eat or drink near the computers.
2. Don't store work on the hard drive. Always save to a diskette or zip. You may save temporarily to the "Student Work Folder." Hard drives get cleaned periodically. This means any Nonessential file or document on the hard drive (like your term paper on Warhol) will be thrown away.
3. Save often. If the computer crashes or freezes and needs to be restarted, you will loose everything not saved.
4. Don't change the configurations of the computers or applications.
5. Don't hog the printer or scanner. During busy times, a time limit may be imposed.
6. You will be required to login to the Library computers and the number of copies will be monitored. Save trees. Print only what you really need! Save what you can to a disk rather than print it. Copies are free unless you abuse the privilege.
7. Start fresh by turning off all application before starting your work. Quit a program once you are finished with it. Leaving programs open eats up memory and is rude to the next person.
8. Clean up after yourself.
9. Library Computers are for use in the library by registered Otis students only. You may be asked to furnish your ID or proof of registration.