Step-By-Step Instructions for Creating a Submission Rubric
Unable to view video? Go to Screenr.
Log into O-Space
- Select "Course" under "My Courses" gray heading
- Select "Submission" tab
Note: Make sure you have watched the previous two videos on how to create a 1-step or 2-step submission assignment.
- Add a new assignment or go to a previously created submisison by selecting the pencil icon under the title
- Select "Edit" on right side of the Step 2 box
Note: When I built the two-step submission, I had selected "Teacher Rubric" from the workflow options for Step 2.
- Update "Name" and "Description" if neccessary
- Make sure for "This step assesses:" you select Step 1
- Under "Rubric" select the "Change" button
- A window pops up
- Select "Choose New Rubric from Library"
- Can select rubric (if already built one) from drop down "My Courses" menu and select "Go"
- To create a brand new one, select "Create New Rubric" on right
- Select "Edit" at the top
- Enter Rubric title and Description
- Select "Save"
- Add rows and columns as needed by selecting "Add Row" or Add "Column"
- Hover cursor over "row 1" or "column a" and select once
- Small window pops up letting you change rubric label
- Hover cursor over gray box and select once
- Enter text for rubric, can also copy + paste from document (Ctrl + C in DOC, then Ctrl + V in gray box)
- Once entered, designate a passing score (= sum number)
- Select "Done"
- Select "Save" for Step 2
To update rubric in the future
- Select pencil icon under submission assignment on "Submissions" tab
- Select "edit" next to step 2
- Select "Change" button under "Rubric"