Does Otis have an e-portfolio system?
I'm and alumnus/a and I am having trouble logging in. What do I do?
When I created my e-Portfolio, why does it ask me for a URL? What do I name it?
Who can see my e-Portfolio?
There are three levels of access to your e-portfolio, which you can set under the "ePortfolio Settings."
- PUBLIC - Show in Directory: Your e-portfolio will be listed in the "ePortfolio Directory." Anyone who visits the site may view your portfolio.
- PRIVATE - Don't Show in Directory: Your e-portfolio will not be listed in the "ePortfolio Directory." Anyone who knows its URL though may view it.
- PRIVATE - Admin Only: Only the owner and editors of the portfolio may view it. The URL is only available when one is logged into the system.
How can I access e-Portfolios?
Users can "subscribe" to topics in courses and communities as well as to ePortfolios. Once a user has "subscribed", they will be automatically emailed every time new content is added to that topic, that topic is modified, or new replies to the topic are posted.
- To SUBSCRIBE simply click on the Subscribe link.
- To UNSUBSCRIBE click on the Unscribe link.
To manage all of your subscriptions, click on the Subscriptions link in the top menu.
How can I view other e-Portfolios created by others in my program?
You can search by department and program as well as by community type, e.g. student, faculty, etc. In the e-Portfolio Directory, click on the "By Category" tab. Click on a link; any spots that you have permission to view will appear. These categories are manually assigned by O-Space administrators. You can help us out by adding the appropriate categor(ies). Also, if you know a person's name, you can search for it using the "By Person" tab in the ePortfolio Directory.
I want to create an e-Portfolio for a group project. How do I allow other people to edit it?
- VIEWER: Person may view your ePortfolio, whether or not it is publicly available or listed in the Directory.
- EDITOR: In addition to Viewer privileges, person may make changes to the content of the ePortfolio. Any changes will not go live until a person with Admin or Publisher access publishes the content.
- PUBLISHER: In addition to Editor privileges, person may make changes to the layout of the ePortfolio. In addition, the person can publish any pages in draft form.
- ADMIN: In addition to Publisher privileges, person may change the e-Portfolio settings (including granting access privileges) as well as delete the ePortfolio.