Upcoming Patrons Circle Tour: May 30, 2015
Otis' Patrons Circle Tour of Downtown LA!
Morning, 9:30 a.m.
We'll start with a light breakfast while visiting Kent Twitchell's ('77 MFA) new studio, followed by a short ride to see a few of his downtown murals. http://www.kenttwitchell.org/
Next, we'll have an inside peek into Cynthia Vincent's ('88 Fashion Design) fashion design studio. Vincent's unique California-inspired designs are available in boutiques and large-scale retailers nationwide. http://cynthiavincent.net
Working sculptor and director of Los Angeles Art Gallery Tours, Bill Kleiman ('89 MFA) will provide an informative curated tour of downtown's newest destination galleries. http://losangelesartgallerytours.com/about.html
Highlights will include:
- Unmarked warehouse galleries
- A highly influential new alternative space
- A preview of an exhibition scheduled to open later in the evening
- Cameo appearances of gallery work created by Otis graduates
With Bill's deep knowledge of the L.A. art scene and personal relationship with Otis, he will discuss:
- Otis' prescient role in the L.A. and international art scene
- The cultural, historical, and economic context of the art on exhibit
- What the artwork we see tells us about today's zeitgeist
- His experience as a working sculptor and Otis graduate
Parking is available in Joe's Auto Parks located at 826 S. Broadway, 90014 for $5 (cash only, paid at entry). During the day guests will tour by bus and will return to the parking lot around 5:30 p.m.
RSVP by Wednesday, May 20 to Chelsey Sobel, firstname.lastname@example.org, 310.665.6863.
Not a Patrons Circle Member? Join now!
Patrons Circle members events have included:
- Ojai Art and Design Tour
- MARFA Art and Design Tour
- San Diego Art and Design Tour
- The Otis Report on the Creative Economy of the Los Angeles Region
- Legacy Luncheon
- Annual Scholarship Benefit & Fashion Show
- Fine Arts Senior Class Exhibition Sneak Preview & Presale
- New York Art and Design Tour
- Seattle Art and Design Tour
- Laddie John Dill, Lecture and hands-on experience
- Annual Exhibition Preview
Our leadership donors have an important impact on Otis, and fund a broad range of priority needs: support for scholarships, innovative programming, and recruiting and retaining outstanding faculty.