Is your program in need of an attendance bump? Here is a quick guide to help you recruit students for your travel study program. The Center for International Education is here to assist you in this process.
Place program posters advertising course details and information meeting times around the campus:
Center for International Education
Announce your program loud and proud:
In the classroom
Club Meetings/Student Activities
Informational Meetings (Set up with OIE)
Student Government Meetings
Publicize & promote using a variety of virtual and social outlets:
OTIS Community Email
Work with the Center for International Education to establish strong informational meetings with firm, unchanging meeting specifics (Dates, Times and Location) for each information session.
RECRUITMENT MEETINGS/INFORMATION SESSIONS
Recruitment sessions are an opportunity to share your enthusiasm for global exploration with potential participants. It is recommended to hold two informational sessions in your first month of recruiting. After
this period hold as many meetings as needed until enrollment has been met. Please work with the Center for International Education to coordinate these sessions.
Possible meeting locations include:
Student Service Lounge
Faculty Office Space
Ingenuity is key! Make your presentation interactive, exciting, and enticing. Try incorporating:
Keep it Lively!
Highlight activities that focus on topics covered in the classroom and beyond.
- Take advantage of social media by creating a twitter account or by using the OTIS Facebook page to high- light your program.
- Invite students to like http://www.facebook.com/InternationalEducationOtis
- Link up to information/media regarding your destination
- Create a Webpage. Use your own accounts to post and tweet meeting times, application deadlines and pay- ment reminders
- CENTER FOR INTERNATIONAL EDUCATION
- Please utilize the Center for International Education (CIE) for assistance with student recruitment and outreach. For additional information contact Darren Grosch, Director of International Education, at email@example.com or by calling ext. 6994. The CIE is located in the Provosts’ office.
Thank you for your commitment to developing global citizens!