Create a community space for Black, Indigenous, People of Color (BIPOC) to connect around shared or similar identity(s), while addressing the realities of being a person of Color within the creative industry. This program will uplift and empower BIPOC voices through dialogue on topics of personal development, professional growth, and opportunities beyond graduation.
As a result of participating in the BIPOC Summit, students will:
- Build a strong network of BIPOC creatives.
- Explore and expand upon their identity as a BIPOC person within their own personal development.
- Identify individual/community strengths and assets as BIPOC creatives for professional growth and opportunities.
- Explore how their identity(ies) influence their journey within the creative industry.
- Identify strategies for academic success to provide a successful transition into a creative field.
Who is Eligible?:
All incoming and current students who self-identify as Black, Indigenous, or Person of Color (BIPOC) are eligible for this program. This program is focused on the experiences and narratives of BIPOC-identified persons in the creative field and will offer opportunities for students to self-explore and build connections around this focus.
How to Register:
If you self-identify as BIPOC and are an incoming or current student who would like to participate in this free program, please click here to register. The deadline to register is Friday, January 8th.
The BIPOC Student Summit is designed as a virtual two-day experience that will run prior to the start of the Spring semester. The program dates are Tuesday, January 12 - Wednesday, January 13, 2021.
This program is completely FREE! All you have to do is register for the program and await further details.