About the Program
The teaching faculty is the College's greatest resource. Accordingly, three outstanding educators from the accredited B.F.A./M.F.A. programs are recognized each year for their commitment to Otis, their clear, effective teaching, and their ability to respond to a diverse student body.
While there is no one way to be an outstanding teacher, each award is defined by a set of criteria meant to govern its nominations and selection.
The Distinguished Educator Award is presented to a longstanding member of the teaching and/or teaching/administrative community who has demonstrated a sustained ability to:
- Incite curiosity in, motivate, and enhance the success of students
- Inspire and earn the admiration of departmental colleagues
- Create a lasting and gratifying impression of an extraordinary educator.
The Excellence in Teaching Award is presented to one full-time faculty/department administrator and one adjunct/part-time faculty member who consistently:
- Communicates a thorough knowledge of and enthusiasm for the relevant field or subject
- Presents that knowledge coherently and connects it with other allied fields or subjects
- Challenges students and increases their capacity for independent thought
- Transforms, enhances, or innovates teaching methodology and practice.
Make your nomination here.
February 19, 2017