Fashion Internship Fair - Now Combined with Internship & Recruitment Day! (IRD)
Friday, March 3, 2023 | In-person | 8:30am - 12pm
Companies seeking fashion design interns and junior designers should attend our annual Fashion Internship Fair, now combined with our Internship & Recruitment Day. This annual event allows employers to meet one-on-one with juniors from our BFA Fashion Design department. We welcome a diverse selection of industry recruiters from dozens of leading design brands to provide practical feedback on students' work and to recruit for job and internship openings for the summer.
What can I expect at the Fashion Internship Fair?
As an employer participant you can expect to meet with Juniors and Seniors from the BFA Fashion Design program. You are welcome to offer internships or job opportunities. In 2023, Fashion Internship Fair will be held in-person during the Discipline-Specific Career Fair from 8:30am - 12pm, before the General Career Fair. More info about IRD can be found here: www.otis.edu/career-services/internship-and-recruitment-day
What information do I need to register for the fair?
To ensure that the registration process is quick and easy, please have the following information ready to register for access to top talent from Otis College:
- Company and department interested in creative talent candidates
- A brief description of your organization
- Company representatives' information (indicate if any are Otis alumnx)
- Position descriptions with
- Required and/or preferred skills and qualifications
- Desired hours
- Rate of pay
- Location (remote/in-person, etc)
- Company culture
- Otis College programs you're interested in recruiting from (read more about our majors and minors here)
How do I register for the Fashion Internship Fair/IRD?
Invitations have been sent out through our career platform Handshake. Create an account now to be sure and receive an invitation. Once you have an account, login on Handshake, then navigate to the Otis Internship & Recruitment Day event.
Overview of Registration Process
- Register in Handshake.
- Pay in Handshake by the specified deadline to lock in your rate. If you miss the payment deadline you will pay a higher rate. You can always add representatives for an additional fee (or cancel with a refund) until 2/15/23. (Early Bird: 1/13, Regular deadline: 2/3, Late: 2/15.)
Price ranges listed below:
Regular Registration - ($125.00) (2 reps included) $20 each additional rep. Pay by 2/3/23, 3:00 pm PT.
Regular Registration (Non-Profits/Charities) - ($60.00) (2 reps included) $10 each additional rep. Pay by 2/3/23, 3:00 pm PT.
Late registration - ($225.00) Pay by 2/15/23, 3:00 pm PT 2 reps included, $30 each additional rep
Late registration (Non-Profits/Charities) - ($100) Pay by 2/15/23, 3:00 pm PT 2 reps included, $15 each additional rep
Artist/Designer-level Sponsorship ($500) - Name will appear on all marketing materials and be highlighted on the event app. Verbal recognition during verbal and wrap-up events. (4 reps included)
Curator-level Sponsorship - ($1500.00) Logo featured at coffee station and all marketing materials. Swag placed in gift bags, plus verbal recognition. (6 reps included)
Agency-level Sponsorship - ($2500.00) Logo featured at lunch station and all marketing materials. Swag placed in gift bags, plus verbal recognition. (8 reps included)
- After your registration is approved*, you will receive instructions to create your profile and interview schedule in Career Fair Plus to participate in our Discipline-Specific Career Fair and/or our General Career Fair (look for TWO emails from Career Fair Plus - one for each option). Career Fair Plus will require a separate login for each representative to manage sessions and see student portfolios, and this platform will be an asset to the day-of event, so be sure to download the mobile app! (Links will be provided.) *Please note: we reserve the right to decline or cancel registrations for organizations that do not align with the mission and DEI values of the Otis community.
- Please schedule 15-min 1:1 meetings with students through Career Fair Plus. Group sessions will not be available for Fashion Internship Fair/IRD Discipline-Specific Career Fair for Fashion.
Meeting with Department Chairs (virtual)
During the week of 2/13/23, we will host a virtual meeting to share an overview of the event and an opportunity to meet department chairs for each discipline. This will help you better understand our programs and students to make the most of your time at IRD. Please review our programs at: /programs.
IRD EVENT SCHEDULE Friday, March 3, 2023 (in person)
7:30am: Arrival Time
8:00am-8:30am: Welcome Kick-Off Meeting
8:30am-12:00pm: Discipline-Specific Career Fair
Select students from ONE discipline to meet with. Make this selection in the Career Fair Plus app for the Discipline-Specific Fair, Enable Prerequisites, and choose the discipline you want to meet (Fashion). Our departments have customized this part of the day for their students' needs and group sessions are not available. Students will sign up for these sessions in advance. Interested in a second discipline? Consider sending additional reps, or meet students from multiple disciplines at the general fair later on!
12:00-12:30pm: Open Employer/Organization Tables
No sign-ups, students just walk up and chat, drop off a resume, or pick up information. Students will also be able to use the Resume Drop in the Career Fair Plus app.
12:30-1:30pm: Networking lunch
Lunch provided for participating students and employers/organizations.
1:30-5:00pm: General Career Fair
Meet students from one or more disciplines or those still undeclared, depending on your needs and opportunities available. Students will sign up for these sessions in advance. Be sure to create your schedule in the Career Fair Plus app for the General Career Fair.
5:00-5:30pm: Wrap-Up Meeting and Open Networking
Email Sylvia Bier at email@example.com if you have any questions.
RECRUITERS: View our resource to help you navigate IRD: Recruiter How-To's
STUDENTS: View our video for Making the Most of a Career Fair, IRD: https://app.joinhandshake.com/edu/articles/25919