- All current students who have completed a full academic year are eligible to work in an internship or job related to art or design in the United States, under their F-1 student visa status, with approval from either the host school or USCIS.
- For information on how to go about completing your necessary paperwork before you start employment or any questions on the process, please call Bernard Pollard at 424-207-2490 or email him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- After completing a full academic year at Otis College of Art and Design, international students are eligible to work off-campus and participate in internships related to art and design. Company sponsorship is not required while enrolled in college.
- After graduation, international students are eligible to work in the United States on OPT for at least 12 months under their F-1 student visa status. Digital Media alumni are eligible to work for up to 3 years under STEM OPT.
- You are required to report your employment to Career Services within 90 days of your OPT start date using this OPT Reporting Form. Failure to do so will result in termination of your F-1 Visa record. You must re-submit this form each time you add a new employer or change employers.
- Once you submit your OPT Reporting Form, your request will be reviewed and processed within 2 business days. It is preferable for you come to Career Services in-person to pick up and sign your I-20 to ensure it is valid. However, upon request, we can mail it to you. If you choose this option, once you receive your I-20, you must sign it in blue ink, take a picture of it, and email a copy to email@example.com.
- If you have any questions or concerns regarding this process, please call Bernard Pollard at 424-207-2490 or email him at firstname.lastname@example.org.