Design a House in Revit Architecture
This is a hands-on course designed to quickly get designers up and running in Revit Architecture through the design of a typical two-story house from Schematic Design to Construction Documents. Skills learned in this course form a solid foundation for using the software. The course also covers concepts of Building Information Modeling (BIM), as well as working on large scale projects within a team setting. After completing the course, students will be able to:
• Describe the benefits of Building Information Modeling
• Use the fundamental features of Revit Architecture
• Use the parametric 3D design tools to design projects
• Use presentation tools for presenting models
• Create construction documentation
• Create detailing and drafting views
Prerequisite: Previous knowledge of architectural design, drafting, or engineering experience is highly recommended.
Suggested Textbook: REVIT ARCHITECTURE 2014 ESSENTIALS by Ryan Duell, Tobias Hathorn and Tessa Reist Hathorn (SYBEX /
Wiley & Sons), ISBN: 978‐1‐118‐57508‐6
Have a question?
Get Certified!Part of the following Certificate Programs
If you are interested in taking this course for undergraduate credit at the college credit rate, please contact email@example.com or 310.665.6952