Pass Out Syllabus
- Make sure you review your syllabus with your students and go over important information.
- Upload your syllabus to the Nest for students to access.
Class attendance must be taken in the Nest - via our Qwickly Attendance tool.
- Required Attendance-Taking. Otis College is required by the federal government to maintain attendance records for all students. You must record attendance for every class session and, at the end of the semester, the Registration Office will access your attendance information entered into Qwickly via the Nest.
- First Day of Class Attendance. It is important to submit your first-day attendance as soon as possible. Report to your department if any students listed on your roster did not attend class and/or attended class and were not on your roster. The Department will then relay this information to the Registration Office. The information will enable the College to make an accurate count of students and contact those who didn’t show up.
+Preferred names appear on class rosters in the Nest.
+Check your Roster in the Nest for an up-to-date list of students enrolled in your courses.
- Students Not on the Roster. Students who attend but aren’t on the roster may not yet be officially enrolled, even if they think they are. If a student not on the roster can show you a schedule print-out with the course listed, that student is enrolled. If the student can’t provide this documentation, please send the student to the Registration Office to officially add the class.
- Two Consecutive Absences. Students who miss two consecutive class meetings at any time during the course of the semester must be immediately reported to the Department, which will then notify the Registration Office to follow up. If a student with two consecutive absences has left Otis, the College is required by the federal government to return federal financial aid within a very limited window. Failure to comply could jeopardize our ability to award financial aid to future students.
- Updated and Final Rosters. Updated course enrollment is available daily in the Nest, accessible via the Otis College Dashboard.
Dashboard http://my.otis.edu > Login > Select the Nest > Select your course
For help with the Nest, contact Max Kraus in the Teaching/Learning Center at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you have any questions regarding these procedures, please call the Registration Office at (310) 665-6950 or email us at email@example.com.
Check With Your Department
- Follow-up with your department as they may have additional first-day requirements.
Report Classroom Issues When On-Campus
- If any computer equipment in the classroom is not working, contact the Information Technology Helpdesk at firstname.lastname@example.org or (310) 665-6825.
- Let your department know if anything else is amiss in the classroom.