Housing Mission Statement
The Residence Life Staff at Otis College of Art and Design creates an enriching community for free thinking artists while instilling values of self-motivation, respect, and responsibility.
Our objective is to create an environment in which students can grow toward and develop in the respective stage in the human development cycle. To that end, we strive to cultivate and maintain the physical, intellectual, social, interpersonal, and academic environments in the residence apartments that support development and success.
The Office of Residence Life and Housing at Otis College of Art and Design is committed to the personal and academic success of resident students and residence life staff. Therefore, we are committed to:
- Help to provide well-maintained, healthy and secure conditions for living and studying;
- Understand residents and provide them with opportunities to understand each other;
- Treat residents and staff with dignity and respect for individual differences;
- Teach residents about individual responsibility, community membership and accountability to both self and others;
- Create groups that support living cooperatively, interacting civility and learning actively, both inside and outside the classroom;
- Provide helpful and timely assistance while teaching self responsibility.