LAB PRESS WELCOME
We are happy to welcome you back into our spaces and once again support your creative endeavors. We know that the Labs, Shops, and Studios are a key part of your growth and experience as an art student. We intend on preserving all that we can of that experience in this challenging time. As with the college at large, the Labs, Shops, and Studios will adhere to all local and state mandates with regards to the COVID pandemic. Please help us keep our community healthy by familiarizing yourself and adhering to these key policies below:
HEALTH AND SAFETY
- All students and staff must wear a face covering at all times.
- Face shields are available and may be required. Face shields will be cleaned thoroughly by each user after use with the cleaner provided.
- All students and staff shall maintain a 6 foot distance, whenever possible, while in the space.
- Thoroughly clean your work area and any tools/equipment you have used or borrowed at the end of your session.
- All labs and shops shall be used by appointment only. For information on how to do this, please see section titled “Using the Space” below.
USING THE SPACE
You must have an appointment to enter the lab. The lab will be available for appointment for students through 25live scheduling app. The hours you can schedule time are below:
In addition to students cleaning their own area and equipment, we will have additional set times throughout the day for the lab to be cleaned and disinfected for everyone’s safety.
You must be previously certified to use the paper cutter and perfect binder. There will be no new certifications given until further notice.
The equipment that is available for students that does not require a certification, will have QR codes with video instructions on usage as well as Lab Technician assistance.
For questions on lab protocol please contact the Lab Manager Leslie Ross-Robertson, email@example.com, 310.665.6846.
FOR TECH SUPPORT
In order to provide students with immediate, virtual tech support, we will be available during all shop hours through the Microsoft Teams app. Any time you have questions, either on or off campus, students can contact our techs and we will provide you with answers as quickly as possible. For instructions on how to join our TSS Team, please follow instructions located here.