This page has moved to http://otis.libguides.com/LibraryHome/services
Please update your links.
Checkouts and Renewals - Overview
|Initial Check-out||Undergraduate Student||Graduate Student||Faculty||Staff|
|Books / CDs||3 weeks||May be renewed once||May be renewed twice||May be renewed twice||May be renewed once|
|Videos / DVDs / Blu-rays||1 week||May not be renewed||May be renewed once||May be renewed once||May not be renewed|
|iPad / tablets / e-Readers||1 week||May not be renewed||May not be renewed||May be renewed once||May not be renewed|
|Item Limit||10 items||15 items||15 items||15 items|
Renewals will not be allowed if there is a Request for the item in the system.
Online renewals: Starting 3 days before materials are due, when a student’s library account is current and they have no library issued checkout or student accounts holds, materials may be renewed online or through the Library’s Online Public Access Catalog using the Otis Xnumber and Self-Service PIN. If a student has difficulty renewing items, they should contact the circulation desk for help.
Books, Videos/DVDs/Blu-rays, CDs, Reserves, and Anatomical models may be checked out during all open hours.* Electronic devices and Items in Special Collections or from the Annex are available only while senior library staff are present. The Visual Resources Center is open during weekday business hours only.
*Videos/DVDs/Blu-rays may not be checked out by students over the winter break.
- Unless otherwise noted, all library materials that are available for checkout are considered to be in good condition for their circulation age, and in the case of electronic or visual media, in good working order.
- Patrons are responsible for inspecting the materials before they leave the library. If any missing or damaged parts or pages are found, the patron must notify circulation staff, to make note of the condition in the system. Patrons are responsible for returning the materials in the condition they were issued.
- Undergraduate students may borrow up to 10 items at a time. Graduate students, faculty and staff may borrow up to 15. Alumni are limited to 5.
- Patrons will be responsible for all repair and/or replacement costs for materials that are damaged, lost, or stolen while checked-out to them. Repair costs will be estimated by the library’s cataloger. In lieu of paying replacement costs, patrons may elect to replace the lost or damaged materials and pay a $15.00 processing fee per item. Replacement materials must be the same ISBN and year (or make and model of equipment) as the lost or damaged item, unless otherwise designated by the library cataloger.
- The library is not responsible for data left on any laptop, tablet, or other device. Patrons are responsible for backing up all data before returning electronic devices.
Policies for Patrons
Please refer to the accompanying policies for specific types of patrons: