MODEL SHOP WELCOME
We are happy to welcome you back into our spaces and once again support your creative endeavors. We know that the Labs, Shops, and Studios are a key part of your growth and experience as an art student. We intend on preserving all that we can of that experience in this challenging time. As with the college at large, the Labs, Shops, and Studios will adhere to all local and state mandates with regards to the COVID pandemic. Please help us keep our community healthy by familiarizing yourself and adhering to these key policies below:
HEALTH AND SAFETY
- All students and staff must wear a face covering at all times.
- Face shields are available and may be required. Face shields will be cleaned thoroughly by each user after use with the cleaner provided.
- All students and staff shall maintain a 6 foot distance, whenever possible, while in the space.
- Thoroughly clean your work area and any tools/equipment you have used or borrowed at the end of your session.
- All labs and shops shall be used by appointment only. For information on how to do this, please see section titled “Using the Space” below.
USING THE SPACE
MODEL SHOP’S woodshop use- all students will make an appointment using 25Live scheduling app. There will be a limited number of spots available each day to allow for social distancing. The hours you can schedule time are below:
LASER CUTTER use- all files for laser cutting will be submitted through Microsoft Forms. Drop off and pick up of materials will be done on a no-contact basis during normal shop hours. The shop will automatically deduct the cost of laser cutting upon completion from the student's papercut account.
3D PRINTER use- all files for 3D printing will be submitted through Microsoft Forms. Pick up of completed parts will be done on a no-contact basis during normal shop hours. The shop will automatically deduct the cost of 3D prints upon completion from the student's papercut account.
CNC use- All requests for use of the CNC will be submitted through Microsoft Forms. In order to get into the queue, files must first be discussed with a tech, either via phone or through a zoom appointment. To make a zoom appointment please go to the 25Live scheduling app. Once approved, your file will be put in line and a time will be arranged for you to drop off your material.
FOR TECH SUPPORT
In order to provide students with immediate, virtual tech support, we will be available during all shop hours through the Microsoft Teams app. Any time you have questions, either on or off campus, students can contact our techs and we will provide you with answers as quickly as possible. For instructions on how to join our TSS Team, please follow instructions located here.