Otis now offers a NEW minor in Entrepreneurship. Learn to be your own boss, enrich our world, and shape the future of the Creative Economy!
Students who minor in Entrepreneurship will dive deep into the world of start-ups, small businesses, and solo-preneurship within the Creative Economy. This minor will prepare students to form their own studio, office, firm or organization; develop their work, products or services; and market themselves for visibility, recognition, and success.
Students who complete the Entrepreneurship Minor will be able to
• Use quantitative and qualitative analytical and critical thinking skills to evaluate information, solve problems, and make sound business/entrepreneurial decisions
• Express creative and innovative entrepreneurial pursuits in visual, written and oral forms
• Demonstrate an awareness of the legal, social, ethical and environmental impacts of various art and design business models and practices
• Demonstrate familiarity with different leadership theories and identify their own leadership style, tendencies, and potential areas for growth and improvement
• Participate in and reflect on professional practice training through internships and incubators
The Entrepreneurship minor is open to all majors who entered Otis in 2017-18 and after.
|ENTR300||Introduction to Entrepreneurship||2.0|
|LIBS317||Issues in Entrepreneurship||3.0|
Course Descriptions are listed in the Interdisciplinary Studies section of the 2017-18 Course Catalog Adendum #3.