As we await the green light from state and local health officials to re-open campus, we continue to prioritize the health and well-being of our students, faculty, and staff, while putting student learning at the center of our Otis Forward plans. We have developed extensive safety protocols and procedures for this safe return to campus, all of which heed the recommendations of the Los Angeles County Department of Public Health and Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Safety measures include:
- Enhanced cleaning measures have been implemented around campus that include frequent cleaning of bathrooms, lounges, common spaces, classrooms, break rooms, and elevators.
- Enhanced HVAC measures and frequent replacement of air filters have been implemented for providing better air circulation in all buildings.
- Rapid COVID-19 testing is available to all students who exhibit COVID-19 symptoms or have been identified as a close contact of someone with a presumed or confirmed case of COVID-19.
- There is an increased number of hand disinfectant stations around campus.
- Campus spaces have been reconfigured to allow for physical distancing.
- Grab-and-Go food options are available at Elaine’s, as well as a dining reservation system to limit cafeteria crowd sizes at any given time.
- There is increased campus signage to promote health and wellness resources and remind community members of best practices for staying healthy.
Additionally, we ask that every community member do their part to ensure the safety of our shared environment by signing a community agreement when they arrive on campus to uphold the following actions:
- Practice physical distancing
- Wear facial coverings
- Wash hands regularly with soap and warm water
- Clean workspaces before and after using them