Faculty/Staff/VIP Information for Commencement 2020
Commencement day is Sunday, May 10, 2020, at 12:00 noon, and will be held at the Marsee Auditorium located at 16007 Crenshaw Blvd., Torrance, CA 90506
Coming south from Otis College on the 405 freeway, simply exit Redondo Beach Blvd. and make a left. The venue is located 1.5 miles north on your left side. Enter lots J/K from Crenshaw Blvd.
View the facility: https://www.elcamino.edu/centerforthearts/visitors/marsee-auditorium.asp
- ALL participating faculty need to assemble at the venue no later than 10:45 a.m.
- Parking fees are prepaid and no parking permits will be needed. Uniformed cadets will guide you into the venue parking area.
- Parking will be located in LOT J & K at the Marsee Auditorum, accessable from Crenshaw Blvd.
- There will be a commencement regalia deadline announced in spring 2020. If you do not get your commencement regalia by said date, spare regalia will be distributed at the venue on May 10
- All faculty/staff and VIP should be robed and in line for the procession by 11:30 am in order to march.
- Commencement will be indoors and air-conditioned. Faculty and staff are seated on stage behind the platform party.
- During diploma distribution, faculty will be allowed to descend the stage and greet graduates as they exit the stage.
- Caps and gowns must be returned back to the assembly area at the Marsee Auditorium following the ceremony recessional.
For additioinal questions or comments related to ALL commencement matters, please contact Erica Javidzad, Director of Student Activities at 310-846-2595.