Student Health and Wellness Center
(Medical & Counseling)
Contact the SHWC
- Location: Ahmanson 107
- Phone: (310) 846 5738
- Fax: (310) 846 5739
- Email: email@example.com
SHWC Clinic Hours
- Monday-Friday 9am-4:30pm
- Closed weekends and Otis College holidays
Who can be seen in the Student Health and Wellness Center:
- During Fall and Spring, any BFA, MFA, and MFA Graphic Design student who is (1) enrolled in classes and (2) has paid Health Center Fee of $200 can be seen in the Student Health and Wellness Center.
- During Summer, any continuing BFA or MFA students who (1) was registered in the Fall and Spring for credit earning courses (shows proof of registration) and (2) pays the $200 Summer Health Center Fee OR any MFA Graphic Design student (1) enrolled in credit earning courses and (2) who pays the $200 Summer Health Center Fee can be seen in the Health Center.
Health Center Fee
- During the Fall, Spring, and semester, students will see a $200 Health Center Fee added to their account. This is an automatic fee that allows them to access the Student Health and Wellness Center during those semesters. The summer semester is the only time this fee is optional.
Payment for Fees and Medical Services
- All fees (medical services fees, no show fees, cancellation & rescheduling fees) accrued in the SHWC can be paid for in the SHWC.
- We accept cash or credit card, including FSA/HSA
All Fees (medical service fees, no show fees, cancellation & rescheduling fees) accrued in the Student Health and Wellness Center can be paid for in the Student Health and Wellness Center. We accept cash or card, including FSA/HSA. We do not bill insurances.
How to Schedule an Appointment:
We are an appointment-based center.
To schedule medical and counseling appointments, call the SHWC at (310) 846-5738 or visit our office in person. Students can access web-schedulable appointments through Owl Care Online, their health care portal located on their Dashboard.
Please check in at the front desk inside the Student Health and Wellness Center, Ahmanson Room 107 for all appointments. If you have a Counseling appointment, you will be directed to the Counselor's office in Lower Level Ahmanson.
Important to note that appointments can not be scheduled, cancelled, or rescheduled via email.
Cancellations, Rescheduling and No Shows
If you need to reschedule or cancel your appointment, please call the SHWC at (310) 846-5738 or visit our office in person to do so. We ask students to give the center at least 24 hours notice prior to your scheduled appointment to cancel or reschedule. If we do not receive this 24 hours notice, the student will accrue a $5.00 Late Cancellation/Rescheduling Fee.
- If it is the weekend and a student needs to cancel or reschedule an appointment for the following week, call the SHWC and leave a detailed voicemail listing your name, X number, original date of appointment, type of appointment (medical or counseling), your request to cancel or reschedue, and best means of contact so we may call you back.
- Appointments are automatically cancelled and considered a "No Show" if a student is 15 or more minutes late. We encourage students to reschedule their appointments if they are unable to make it. A No Show Fee of $5.00 is applied to the student's electronic health record.
Absence Letters and Excuse Notes Policy
- Please note, the SHWC does not provide excuse notes for missed classes, exams or school work
- The SHWC will not confirm or deny whether a student has visited the center in any verbal or written manner in order to maintain confidentiality