Student Health Insurance Plan
Otis College Health Insurance Policy:
All degree seeking students enrolled in BFA and MFA programs are required to have health insurance. All currently enrolled students are automatically enrolled in Otis College's Student Health Insurance Plan, unless a waiver is completed. Students will receive an email from Academic Health Plans (AHP) in early May 2019 with waiver instructions.
Health Insurance Adminstrator and Plan Network
Otis College's insurance plan is administered through Anthem. It is a full service plan that utilizes the Anthem PPO Network. You are able to find insurance information regarding cost, benefits, claims, and more at: https://otis.myahpcare.com
Plan Perks & Highlights:
- All services at the Student Health and Wellness Center (SHWC) on campus are 100% free (no co-pays)
- On-Site Physician and Nurse Practioner in the SHWC on campus
- Full service PPO plan with nationwide network
- Low co-pays and deductible for off-campus services
- Student Health and Wellness Center provides benefit and claims assistance, referrals and coordination of care
- Discount vision services for students up to 19 years old
BFA (undergraduate) & MFA:
|Fall (2019)||$950 (5 months of coverage)||8/17/2019–
|Spring/Summer (2020)||$1,330 (7 months of coverage)||1/7/2020–
MFA Graphic Design:
You may enroll eligible dependents onto the health insurance plan as long as you are covered. For MFA Graphic Design students, the Summer deadline to enroll dependents is 6/28/19. For BFA (undergraduate) and MFA students, the Fall deadline to enroll dependents is 9/15/19.
If you would like to enroll dependents for the 2019-2020 academic year, please utilize the Dependent Enrollment Sheet - If you have any questions or need additional assistance, email email@example.com
Leave of Absence & Not Re-Enrolling
The school's insurance plan covers you each semester that you are enrolled. Should your matriculation continue into the next semester, your coverage will also continue. If you do not enroll, or take a leave of absence less than 30 days into the next semester, your insurance will be terminated (end) the last day of coverage for your last enrolled semester.
- Example 1: You are enrolled for Fall 2019, but do not enroll for Spring. Your coverage will end on the last day of Fall 2019 coverage.
- Example 2: You are enrolled for Fall 2019 and enroll for Spring 2020, but then take a leave of absence less than 30 days into the Spring semester. Your coverage be terminated back to the last day of Fall 2019 coverage.
If you take a leave of absence 31 or more days into the semester, your insurance will remain in place for the rest of that semester.
Please note: There is often lag time between your coverage ending and the insurance company's system showing that your membership is terminated. Should you use your insurance during that time, you will later be responsible to pay back anything that the insurance paid for you during that time. It is requested that you do NOT attempt to use your insurance after the termination date.
Questions? Please contact the SHWC Staff at firstname.lastname@example.org, Student Health and Wellness Center (Ahmanson 107) or by phone at 310-846-5738