International students are welcome to attend Summer of Art!
The program is conducted in English only, so international students must have college-ready English language skills. Please note that all program times take place in the Pacific Daylight Time Zone (PDT).
English Language Competency
- A letter on school letterhead from a school official, counselor, or English teacher that affirms college-ready skills in listening to, speaking, reading, and writing English
- Proof of one of the following language competency test scores:
- TOEFL exam with a score of 79 or above
- Pearson Test of English with a score of 58 or above
- iELTS with overall band score of 6.5 or above
If the Summer of Art program is taken fully online, international students may receive College Credit.
If the Summer of Art program is taken in person, an I-20 Certificate of Eligibility for an F-1 student visa* is required in order to attend Summer of Art for College Credit. International students attending for college credit must:
- Currently reside in the United States
- Be attending another academic institution under a current student visa
- Submit proof of attendance from your school on current letterhead, with dates of attendance, and signed by a Designated School Official
- Submit copies of your passport, visa and I-20
International students who are not eligible to obtain an international F-1 student visa* can apply for a B-visa* at a U.S. Embassy or Consulate and participate in the course for non-credit as incidental study.
Please contact the Summer of Art office for more information on required documents and instructions via email or call 310.665.6864.