Summer of Art 2020: July 6 - July 31
- Scholarship applications are due Friday, March 13, 2020.
- Scholarship awards are based on Family Financial Information, Portfolio, and GPA.
- Scholarship students must attend the full 5-day program for college credit.
Summer of Art scholarships are available to students who, for financial reasons, would not otherwise be able to attend. Awards are based on family financial information, portfolio, and grade point average. Due to limited funding, scholarships are only available for U.S. citizens. Unless otherwise stated, awards can be used toward tuition only and cannot be applied toward supplies or other expenses.
A limited number of merit-based scholarships may also be available.
A complete scholarship application must include all required items (see below), and be received by Friday, March 13. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Applicants will be notified of the results as soon as award decisions have been made.
Do I need to submit a deposit if I'm applying for a scholarship?
If your attendance is contingent upon receiving a scholarship award, you are not required to submit the 50% deposit. You are only required to complete the scholarship application at this time.
If you plan to attend the program regardless of whether a scholarship is granted, please complete a registration form and submit the 50% non-refundable deposit to ensure your place in the program. Full-tuition scholarship recipients will be refunded the 50% deposit.
Required Documents and Materials
- Registration Form (only required if you plan to attend the program regardless of whether a scholarship is granted)
- Scholarship Application
- Unofficial Transcripts (high school and/or college)
- 10 Piece Portfolio
Portfolio Requirements: Submit ten pieces of artwork, including:
- 5 Observational Drawings
Still life, landscape, figure drawing, or self-portraits that have been created by looking at the actual objects, not using a photograph as a reference or traced.
- 5 Pieces of Applicant’s Choice
Any medium including but not limited to: drawings, illustration, painting, photography, 2D design, sculpture, 3D design, and time-based projects.
- 5 Observational Drawings
How to Submit:
- Registration Form
You must submit a completed Registration Form with your Social Security Number (for college credit) prior to applying for a Scholarship.
- If your attendance is contingent upon receiving a scholarship, please skip this step and proceed to step two.
- If you plan to attend regardless of whether a scholarship is granted, please complete and submit the Registration Form. A 50% deposit is required to reserve your space.
- Scholarship Application and Portfolio
Complete the Scholarship Application, including the portfolio, and submit.
- Unofficial Transcripts from high school and/or college
Follow instructions in Required Documents section above.
- Scholarship recipients must take their courses for college credit.
- Incomplete applications will not be processed.
- All complete submissions must be received by Friday, March 13, 2020.