- Scholarship applications are due Friday, April 2, 2021.
- Scholarship awards are based on Family Financial Information, Portfolio, and GPA.
- Scholarship students must attend the full 5-day program for college credit.
Summer of Art scholarships are available to students who, for financial reasons, would not otherwise be able to attend. Awards are based on family financial information, portfolio, and grade point average. Due to limited funding, scholarships are only available for U.S. citizens. Unless otherwise stated, awards can be used toward tuition only and cannot be applied toward supplies or other expenses.
A limited number of merit-based scholarships may also be available.
A complete scholarship application must include all required items (see below), and be received by Friday, April 2. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Applicants will be notified of the results as soon as award decisions have been made.
Do I need to submit a deposit if I'm applying for a scholarship?
If your attendance is contingent upon receiving a scholarship award, you are not required to submit the $200 deposit. You are only required to complete the scholarship application at this time.
If you plan to attend the program regardless of whether a scholarship is granted, please enroll in the program and submit the $200 non-refundable deposit to ensure your place in the program. Full-tuition scholarship recipients will be refunded the $200 deposit.
How to Submit:
- Program Enrollment
You must enroll in the program with your Social Security Number (for college credit) prior to applying for a Scholarship.
- If your attendance is contingent upon receiving a scholarship, please skip this step and proceed to step two.
- If you plan to attend regardless of whether a scholarship is granted, please enroll in the program. A $200 deposit is required to reserve your space.
- Prepare Transcripts & Portfolio
- Unofficial Transcripts (high school and/or college)
- 10 Piece Portfolio Requirements:
- 5 Observational Drawings
Still life, landscape, figure drawing, or self-portraits that have been created by looking at the actual objects, not using a photograph as a reference or traced.
- 5 Pieces of Applicant’s Choice
Any medium including but not limited to: drawings, illustration, painting, photography, 2D design, sculpture, 3D design, and time-based projects.
- 5 Observational Drawings
- Scholarship Application
Complete the Scholarship Application, including the portfolio and transcripts, and submit.
- Scholarship recipients must take their courses for college credit.
- Incomplete applications will not be processed.
- All complete submissions must be received by Friday, April 2, 2021.