Undergraduate Application Requirements
- ONLINE APPLICATION
- $60 APPLICATION FEE This is a non-refundable fee. Pay over the phone by credit card, or send a check or money order.
- PORTFOLIO 10-20 PIECES See portfolio guidelines.
- ESSAY: Choose a work of art or design that you consider to be significant. Imagine that the work had never been made. How would the world be worse off (or better off) without it?
- INTERNATIONAL STUDENT TRANSCRIPTS Official transcripts from all high schools and universities/colleges attended. These records must clearly state the date of completion and the level of education received. All transcripts must be official copies. If your transcripts are not in English, please submit an official translation by a notary public or a recognized evaluation service, and submit both the translated records and the original documents.
- INTERNATIONAL TEST SCORES International students who live in a country where English is not the official language should take the TOEFL test (Test of English as a Foreign Language), iELTS, or the Parson Test of English.
However, if you are a high school student and live in a country where English is the official language, please submit either SAT or ACT scores.
Visa Requirements: International Students for admission who require an F-1 student visa must submit the following:
- Verification form, mailed in the acceptance packet. Complete the form, including a permanent foreign address and a sponsor signature from the parent, sponsor or agency guaranteeing your financial resources. Students currently studying within the U.S. will need to get documentation from their current school and have their SEVIS record released to Otis.
- A copy of the current passport photo page and the current I-20, I94, and visa (if applicable).
- A bank statement or other documentation from the parent's or sponsor's bank, or sponsoring organization, certifying that sufficient funds (approximately $54,000 USD) for support of the your education and living expenses are available.
Communication must be in English or accompanied by certified English translation, and funds should be in U.S. dollars. Address these letters to Otis Admissions Office. When all required documents are received, an I-20 will be issued. You may take this document to the U.S. Embassy or Consulate to obtain an F-1 Student Visa.