The Environmental Steering Committee (ESC) is a broad serving body that attempts to consider all college-wide activities through the lens of environmental sustainability. ESC members are made up of individuals (students, faculty, and staff) throughout the college who have both a genuine interest and or a stake in the college’s future with respect to issues around sustainability and environmental stewardship. Through ongoing assembly the ESC, guided by the College’s mission; identifies, evaluates, and recommends actions that strengthen the College’s efforts and profile in regards to environmental consciousness. These efforts include college wide, community based, and international efforts.
Otis Sustainability Mission Statement
The Environmental Steering Committee, guided by the college’s mission, identifies, evaluates, and recommends actions that strengthen the college’s efforts and profile in regards to environmental consciousness.
Environmental Steering Committee purpose
To be a group of Otis College thought leaders who research effective, actionable, and implementable initiatives concerning sustainability efforts on campus, and recommend such initiatives to the Otis College Senior Team.
Environmental Steering Committee Goals:
- To support the implementation of the initiatives spelled out in the Second Nature Presidents' Climate Leadership Commitment, signed by Otis in 2017.
- To research sustainable projects for our campus and present them to the Senior Team for consideration.
- To survey and publish a list of all sustainable activities on campus.
- To be available to the College community for advice and information regarding the integrating of environmental practices and curriculum.
- To develop and keep a coherent web presence.
Claudia Hernandez Romero (co-Chair), Adjunct Assistant Professor, Liberal Arts and Sciences
Jacci Den Hartog (co-Chair), Professor, Fine Arts and Foundation
Andrew Armstrong, Director, Technical Support Services
Twin Daniel, Facilities Manager
Mark Farina, Media Services Manager
Michele Jaquis, Director, Interdisciplinary Studies and Act
Ankush Mahindra, Vice President, IT and Operations
Claude Nica, Chief Facilities and Operations Officer
Rich Shelton, Director Creative Action (CAIL)