Bachelor of Arts in Theatre, University of California, Los Angeles, 1982
Kathy Pryzgoda has been designing lighting for the past 30 years. Her diverse background includes lighting design for Architecture, Theatre, Event Lighting, and Television.
Ms. Pryzgoda received a Bachelor of Arts Degree in Theatre from the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA) in 1982. She has designed for such companies as Long Beach Opera, Los Angeles
Classical Ballet, and the Jazz Tap Ensemble. Kathy has received several awards in Lighting Design including Drama-logue Award in 1991 for outstanding achievement in Theatre.
In 1992, Kathy Pryzgoda expanded her skills by designing for Television. She became Lighting Design/Director for Channel One News. Between 1992 and 2002, Kathy received three Broadcast
Design International Gold Awards for her work with Channel One News. In 2000, Kathy created the lighting design for Peter Jennings with World News Tonight on ABC. In 2001, Ms. Pryzgoda
acted as production design consultant for CNN's "American Morning" with Paula Zahn. Additional television credits include: "Telling Stories with Tomie" for the Jim Henson Company, "Pat the Bunny"
(Classic Media) and most recently, the lighting design/consultation for the Current TV studio, (Al Gore's 24-hour television network).
In 2001, Ms. Pryzgoda included architectural and event lighting to her scope and created Kathy Pryzgoda Lighting Design. Kathy illuminated the SKYY View Lounge for the Sundance Film Festival in 2005 and began
working with architects and designers throughout Southern California.
In 2007, Pryzgoda established Light Studio LA, a multi-faceted lighting design firm. Light Studio LA produces lighting designs for Architecture, Theatre, Events, and Television. Most recent architectural work includes:
Design Within Reach (National Stores) for which Kathy received an IES Illumination award of Merit in 2014. Kathy continues to design for theatrical venues such as the Hollywood Bowl's World Music Series
and the Pacific Symphony. In addition to her design work, Kathy Pryzgoda teaches lighting design at UCLA Extension (Architecture and Interior Design Program).
- Hollywood Bowl, Lighting Director, LA Philharmonic, KCRW World Music Series, Los Angeles, CA, 2000-present
- Current TV, Lighting Consultant, 2006
- Classic Media TV, Lighting Design/Director, 2003
- MGM Television, Lighting Design/Director, 2003
- CNN News NY, Production Design Consultant, 2001-2002
- ABC World News Tonight, Lighting Consultant, 2000-2001
- Jim Henson Company, Lighting Designer, 2000
- Channel One News, Lighting Consultant/Lighting Director, 1992-2001
- "Midnight to One", Lighting Director, 1996
- Imero Fiorentino and Assoc., Lighting Design Assistant, 1991-1992
- Long Beach Opera, Lighting Designer, "Lucio Silla", "A Soldier's Tale", Long Beach, CA 1989-91