Welcome to Counseling and Psychological Services
Welcome to Counseling and Psychological Services at the Student Health and Wellness Center! Counseling and Psychological Services is here to support you in attaining greater understanding about yourself, your relationships with others, and to help you to identify strengths and solutions for overall wellness and academic success at Otis College. We provide support in the form of individual therapy, crisis services, and outreach/programming, as well as consultation to those who are interested in reaching out to a student in distress. We also facilitate connection to other Otis College resources and community providers when indicated.
Counseling can help facilitate overall well-being by assisting you in problem-solving, gaining insight and developing useful coping and self-care strategies. Talking to a therapist can be helpful if you are struggling with adjustment to college, identity development/phase of life issues, stress, anxiety, relationship concerns, depression or other mood problems.
Confidential counseling services are free of charge for currently enrolled full-time students.
Counseling and Psychological Services Mission
As part of the Student Health and Wellness Center, Counseling and Psychological Services supports the mission of Otis College of Art and Design by providing counseling services, mental health outreach, and co-curricular activities designed to help students maintain psychological wellness to enhance functionality and motivation as they pursue their academic goals.
We look forward to supporting you and providing resources to help you thrive at Otis College!
Counseling and Psychological Services Satisfaction Survey
If you have received counseling from Counseling and Psychological Services, please fill out our anonymous Satisfaction Survey here. Your feedback is invaluable and will help us to continually improve our services.
Los Angeles Metropolitan Area
- Santa Monica Rape Crisis Center / The Rape Foundation: website, Phone 1-310 451-0042.
- Start Your Recovery: Substance Abuse Resources and Support: website
- Peace Over Violence: website, Phone 1-310-392-8381
- Los Angeles LGBT (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender) Community Center: website, Phone 1-323-993-7400.
- Asian Pacific Counseling and Treatment Center, for Asian and Asian-American people: website, Phone 1-213-252-2100.
- Center for TransYouth Health and Development at Children’s Hospital Los Angeles: website, Phone 1-323-361-5372
- Alcoholics Anonymous Los Angeles: website, Phone 1-323-936-4343
- Airport Marina Counseling Center, outpatient therapy and psychiatry near Otis College: website, Phone 1-310-670-1410, Email: email@example.com
- Maple Counseling, low-cost outpatient therapy. website: https://www.maple4counseling.org/