Make the most of your Summer of Art experience by living on campus. On campus housing is strongly encouraged not only because of its convenience, but also because it will allow you to experience college life on our welcoming campus. Participants are housed in our residence hall, conveniently located within easy walking distance of classrooms, the dining hall, library, lab facilities, and more! Students also have the unique opportunity to take advantage of weekend field trips to the Rooftop Cinema in Downtown LA, take part in a Paramount Studios tour, and watch a Beetlejuice Play at the Pantages Theater in Hollywood.
Interested in living with us this summer? Residence Life and Housing encourages students to apply for housing early, as space is limited. Contact our team to start your application by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call us by phone at 310-665-6850. We look forward to seeing you on campus.
Housing Costs and Deadlines
- Room and Board Total Cost: $2,800
- Board includes: Dining Hall meal plan with three meals a day Monday - Friday, two meals a day on Saturday and Sunday
- Housing Application Opens: Monday, January 29
- Housing Application Closes: Friday, June 14
Campus Living At a Glance
Want to know more before submitting your housing application? Read the highlights of what it's like to experience college life at one the nation's leading art and design institutions.
- Students will have the opportunity to start their day directly on campus before walking to their classes.
- Included with their housing, students will have access to breakfast, lunch, and dinner at our premier on-campus dining hall, Elaine's.
- Residents will participate in weekly field trips and excursions to popular landmarks around Los Angeles planned just for them.
- Our residential staff will offer interactive, optional residential activities for Summer of Art students living on campus. These activities are designed to help students make the most of their academic programming at Otis College and connect with their cohort.
- Optional weekday excursions to Top Golf and Bowlero will be available.
- Students will share a furnished two-bedroom suite with a common space and split bathroom.
- Summer of Art participants will complete the program having earned college credit alongwith long lasting friendships and memories!
Residence Hall Features
Students will reside in a residence hall with following amenities:
- Furnished double occupancy rooms
- 24-hour on-call support by Resident Assistants assigned to each floor
- Evening and weekend Residence Hall activities
- Free internet access
- Access to free laundry facilities
- One wardrobe and a stack of three dresser drawers per student
- Essential bedding: flat sheet, fitted sheet, pillow, and blanket will be provided. Students are encouraged to bring an additional blanket.
Residence Life and Housing and Campus Safety are committed to the safety and wellbeing of our Summer of Art students:
- 24 hour Campus Safety and Security Team
- Students can download the LiveSafe App to directly message Campus Safety and someone will immediately respond
- The Residence Life and Housing Office is open on Monday-Friday from 9:00 am - 5:00 p.m. A Residence House and Life staff member will be on call every night.
- If a student leaves during free time, they will utilize a check out/in process using an application called Orah. The application is also used during roll calls on weekend field trips and weekday excursions.
Students will have access to a wide variety of campus facilities:
- Graphaids, the college's on-campus art supply store, offers a curated selection of supplies for art and design classes
- Elaine's Dining Commons provides a diverse menu that includes hot entrées, salads, and snacks. The campus is within easy walking distance of a variety of restaurants, cafes, and grocery stores.
- The Millard Sheets Library has a relaxed atmosphere where students meet, study, browse, and find inspiration. Summer of Art students are welcome to use the resources inside the library during regular hours.
- The Student Health and Wellness Center is open to all Summer of Art students for acute illnesses and injuries or acute mental health issues during their time in the program.
- Labs and shop facilities which include the printmaking lab, laboratory press, photography lab and lighting studio, video lab, and the wood, model, and metal shop.
Create Lifelong Connections
“Having roommates, doing laundry, and living in safe spaces where I knew I would be able to meet someone new and create strong bonds allowed me to peer into what life at Otis College could be like. Staying in campus housing during Summer of Art allowed me to create amazing friendships that continue to this day five years later.”
MarcAnthony Pellicci Smith
Summer of Art Alumnus