Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, many institutions have postponed their exchange programs. Contact institutions directly to inquire about the status of their exchange programs. All travel study at Otis College has been paused until further notice due to health and safety concerns related to domestic and international travel. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Students seeking to study at Otis College of Art and Design for the Fall or Spring semester may do so by applying through the following two methods:
AICAD EXCHANGE (available only to full-time students attending one of the 31 participating AICAD schools) The AICAD Exchange student is solely responsible for the timely submission of the application materials to the AICAD Exchange SlideRoom site https://aicadgrad.slideroom.com/ This includes:
- The completed Application Form, along with required signatures on the Home School Approval Letter, proposed program of study, and Statement of Purpose;
- Official transcripts of all college-level work completed at the Home School to date (available from the Home School Registrar's Office); and
- 6 to 10 examples of artwork, including work in the proposed area of study, submitted with name of student, title of the work, medium, and dimensions.
INBOUND INTERNATIONAL STUDENT EXCHANGE (available only to full-time students attending a school in a partnership program with Otis College)
1) Complete the online application, click create an account link, then select “exchange” as the student type.
2) Once the application has been completed, upload the following supporting documents as PDFs through the application checklist:
- Transcripts of all college-level work completed
- Approval letter from home institution confirming eligibility and student’s English proficiency
- 10 examples of artwork posted on Slideroom (otis.slideroom.com)
- Statement of Intent
You will be notified regarding of their decision starting on the following dates:
Spring Semester: starting mid-November
Fall Semester: starting early May
Applications must be received by Otis no later than:
Fall Term: April 10 Spring Term: November 1
INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS: Additional Information
Once the Admissions receives your application, and you have been accepted to Otis College, you will receive an International Student Verification Form and a list of documents needed to issue an I-20, the form you will need in order to apply for an F-1 visa (International Student Visa). You will be asked to supply the following information.
- Bank letter or bank statement verifying funds totaled at approximately $9,926 USD USD (2020-21 amount, subject to change every year) for living expenses, books, health insurance, listed in the Statement of Financial Information. The bank statement must be signed or stamped by a bank official.
- Verification of English Proficiency. Unless this requirement has been waived in an exchange agreement with your university. You may submit:
- A copy of your TOEFL or IELTS score report or,
- Letter stating English proficiency from your host school (if applicable).
- Data page of passport.
Fall/winter (1st) semester
Course Work: Late August – Mid December
Spring/summer (2nd) semester
Course Work: Mid-January – Early May
1 Otis credit= 2 ECTS
12 credits must be taken each semester = 24 ECTS
Otis offers on campus housing and meal plans – contingent upon availability on campus. For information about housing visit www.otis.edu/housing-residence-life. Due to limited availability, we recommend seeking alternate short-term housing.
All students are required to have health insurance. For information about insurance, visit www.otis.edu/health-insurance