Person booking college trips contacts European Travel (Travel Agent) and provides them the intended travel information via Traveler Information form. The Traveler Information Form must be faxed to 818-748-2238. The Travel Agent prepares the proper itinerary and quotes and submits it to the individual (within three hours) in charge for final approval. The individual booking the trip (Booking Agent) must sign the quote and fax back it back to the Travel Agent.
Flight information needed:
- Dates and times of travel
- Full legal name (appears on government issued identification, passport required for all international travel).
- Travelers’ date of birth and gender.
- Travelers’ frequent flyer number if applicable
- Seating preference (aisle or window seat)
- Email for confirmation of ticket
The Booking Agent contacts the Travel Agent and provides them information contained on the Travel Information form. The Travel Agent prepares the proper itinerary quotes and submits it to the Booking Agent. The Booking Agent must sign the quote and fax back it back to the Travel Agent.
Information needed before bookings:
- Date/time and departure
- Full name of traveler
- Specific vicinity
(When attending a conference or special event, special hotel pricing may be available under a special convention or event rate. In this situation, there will be no charge to make the necessary reservations).
- The Travel Agent has the ability to print train tickets in office. There is usually a $20.00 flat fee per person for issuing train tickets regardless of number of tickets or journeys.
- Car rental reservations are available to be booked by the Travel Agent (if necessary). Car rentals may be booked with published fares that are payable to the car rental company or booked under European Travel’s contracted pricing, which allows for greater discounts, if applicable. Renters MUST have their own credit card when picking up the rental car.
Changes/Cancelations and Penalty:
After a flight has been booked, there may be an instance when a traveler must change or cancel a reservation. The following schedule will typically apply for reservation changes and cancellations:
- Domestic tickets normally have a $150.00 per change penalty plus any fare difference if one applies.
- International tickets normally have a $250.00 per change penalty plus any fare difference if one applies.
- Hotel reservations typically have a cut off by when you are able to cancel/change a room without penalty. A cancellation/change deadline varies.
- Domestic tickets are normally non-refundable. A majority of airlines will provide credit with the airline for up to one year from the date the ticket was originally issued.
- International tickets are normally non-refundable. A majority of airlines will provide credit with the airline for up to one year form the date the ticket was originally issued.
- The Travel Agent has agreements with over 80 airlines that travel internationally. Some of these airlines allow for a passenger to cancel a ticket and obtain a refund, less a cancellation fee. Typically that cancellation fee consists of $300.00.
Emergency Notification Contacts:
If you run into problems with your travel arrangements contact the Travel Agent. The Travel Agent team members can be reached by calling:
Chris Balciyan (818) 842-7500 X-106 (during office hours) or (818) 406-7648 (after hours)
Linda Ciilingirian (818) 842-7500 X-109
Von Missirian (818) 842-7500 X-108
European Travel office hours are Monday - Friday from 9:00am to 6:00pm and Saturdays from 10:00am to 1:00pm.
If you are unable to reach Otis’s Travel Agent call the Director of Purchasing at 310-735-3154.