For the Spring 2023 semester, the indoor masking mandate will change from required to strongly recommended. This change will be instated on January 4, 2023. The indoor masking requirement will be reevaluated throughout the Spring semester.
- Medical grade masks will be strongly recommended in all indoor spaces except when actively eating or if an individual is alone in a space with the door closed.
Masks will be available at:
- Campus Safety and Security Office (first floor of the Anne Cole Building at the corner of the Commons), 24 hours, 7 days a week
- Ahmanson Hall Lobby, Monday–Friday: 8:00 a.m.–6:00 p.m.
Vaccination policies for Students and Faculty/Staff can be found in the respective Student/Academic Information and Faculty/Staff Information sections of the site.
Events and Exhibitions Guidelines
Public and private events are an important part of our cultural life. Museums, galleries, performing arts spaces, and venues that host private events inspire and connect our community and foster social health. We strongly recommend that all event attendees are fully vaccinated* and boosted.
Indoor masking is strongly recommended at all events or large gatherings.
*A person is considered fully vaccinated for COVID-19 if they have received a primary series of either Moderna, Pfizer, or Johnson & Johnson COVID vaccines and a booster shot.
This information is subject to change based on recommendations from the CDC, WHO, FDA, or LACDPH.
The most current information regarding U.S. citizens, U.S. nationals, U.S. lawful permanent residents, and immigrants traveling to and from the United States can be found here.
We strongly encourage all students, faculty, and staff who travel during the 2022-2023 academic year to keep abreast of these travel updates on the CDC website before returning to campus.
COVID Task Force
In addition to a college-wide Emergency Response Team (ERT), a special COVID-19 Task Force was created and meets regularly to research, monitor, and recommend ongoing actions/protocols for the Otis Community as the COVID-19 situation evolves.
Task Force members include:
- Mohammed Ahmed, Operations Manager
- Laura Kiralla, VP, Campus Life
- Ankush Mahindra, VP, Vice President for Finance and Administration
- Steve McQueen, Captain, Safety and Security
- Joanne Mitchell, Assistant Provost Academic Effectiveness and Accreditation
- Claude Nica, Chief Facilities and Operations Officer, Facilities Management
- Leo Peña, Manager of Budget and Planning
- Anna Raya, Editorial Director, Communications and Marketing
- Dr. Julie Spencer, Director, Student Health and Wellness Center
- Helane Wilbourne, AVP, Human Resources and Development
The Task Force has been working with the Senior Team and other groups across campus to develop proactive measures to keep the Otis Community safe. Some of the immediate efforts included increased campus-wide sanitation practices to reduce potential infection; additional prevention guidelines posted on campus; and other related protocols around travel. This COVID-19 Response Hub serves as an information clearinghouse for the College’s response to COVID-19.
*These policies and guidelines will be updated for the upcoming Fall 2023 semester.