For questions regarding when various campuses are available to students and how the after-hours access to premises is managed, please see Student Access to Facilities; the same guidelines would also extend to members of faculty and staff. In case of any individual acting in a manner that poses a risk to the safety and security, appropriate disciplinary or administrative actions will be taken and a Stay Away Notice may be issued. Please refer to Campus Access Policy for more information.
Visitors to Otis College
- All individuals not directly affiliated with Otis College may access campus facilities during regular business hours only, excluding holidays and periods of campus closure.
- All visitors to Otis College may be asked by the Security Desk personnel to identify themselves and state the purpose of their visit.
- All visitors scheduled for a meeting or an appointment with members of Otis College faculty or staff must check-in with the receptionist upon arrival and will be escorted around the campus by their point of contact.
- All visitors under the age of 18 and who are not active Otis College students must be accompanied by an adult.
Otis College of Art and Design provides free parking for students, members of faculty, staff, and visitors. Available parking spaces are filled on a first-come, first-serve basis. The parking structure is open daily 24 hours a day. A valid Otis parking pass or identification is required to enter the parking structure from 11:00 pm-6am. Otis College is not responsible for any theft, vandalism, or damage to vehicles or persons who park on-campus. Your vehicle may be towed for parking in a reserved area, zip car space or for unpaid parking citations.
Visitors who need to park on campus must first obtain a Visitor Parking Pass.
Long Term Parking Contracts
Current full-time and part-time Otis College faculty and staff may leave their vehicles inside parking structure for up to ten (10) consecutive calendar days by obtaining an approved Long Term Parking Contract (PDF).
- Members of faculty and staff may file a Contract in order to park during College holiday breaks, including Thanksgiving and winder holidays. Vehicles cannot be retrieved while the parking lot is closed for holidays and breaks!
- Students may be permitted to leave their vehicles in the parking structure while away from the campus under extenuating circumstances and with a filed Contract endorsed by Dean of Students.
- The Contract form must include the driver and vehicle information along with a current Otis College parking permit number.
- A copy of the approved form will be left with the Security Desk and with Environmental Health, Safety, & Security Lead.
Other Parking Guidelines
Campus Safety and Security personnel will be responsible for enforcing parking regulations at Otis College. If issued a citation, please file to the Parking Adjudication Form (PDF)) according to the instructions listed.
Parking citations will be issued for the following violations and failure to adhere to Parking Restrictions listed below:
- Vehicles taking up more than one parking spaces or not parking properly within parking spaces
- Vehicles parked in driveways and in "No Parking" zones and in front of fire hydrants and dumpsters
- Vehicles illegally parked in handicapped zones and leaving vehicles unattended in a loading zone
- Not displaying current Otis parking stickers or permits
- Failure to comply with posted speed limit, stop signs, yield signs, one-way traffic signs, etc.
- Bicycles not being stowed away in bicycle racks.
Electric Vehicle (EV) parking- Electric Vehicle (EV) spaces are equipped with electric charging stations and are reserved at all times for the specific purpose of charging electric or hybrid electric vehicles. A vehicle parked in an EV space must be actively charging at all times and must display a valid Otis parking permit. As a courtesy to others, please remove your vehicle as soon the charge is complete. EV spaces are not parking spaces and have a 4 hour maximum time limit.
Reserved Parking-Parking spaces designated and identified by the presence of a posted sign or marking. These spaces are individually assigned and are reserved at all times.
Carpool spaces. Carpool spaces are reserved for Staff/Faculty who are formally registered in our carpool program. The spaces are reserved between the hours of 7:00am-5:00pm, Monday-Friday. Staff/Faculty may only utilize the spaces on the days they carpool to work and must display a valid Otis Carpool permit at all times. Wall and/or ground signage will indicate which areas or rows within the structure are designated as carpool spaces. Regular permit holders may use these spaces from 5:00pm-7:00am. To learn more or get started click the car pool application
Zip Cars- Zipcar provides a self-service, on-demand car sharing program at Otis. To use it, simply register as a member, reserve a car online or by phone, use your Zipcard to enter the car, and drive away. Return the car to the same location. Learn more and get started at online! (See attached photo)
Immobilization- Application of a locking device commonly referred to as a “boot” for the purpose of immobilizing a vehicle. Vehicles may be immobilized if they are determined to have multiple unpaid citations or when parked in any of the restricted parking spaces. Vehicles without a valid parking permit may be immobilized for the purposes of identifying the owner. To avoid damaging your vehicle, do not drive or attempt to remove the device. Please call campus safety & security at (310) 665-6965 if your vehicle has been immobilized.
Zipcar Parking- Reserved only for Zipcars assigned to Otis. Zipcars may not park in any other location except for the designated parking spaces. Non-Otis Zipcars should park in a visitor or regular parking space. Violators are subject to cite and or tow at owners expense.
Reserved Parking- Parking spaces designated and identified by the presence of a posted sign or marking. These spaces are individually assigned and are reserved at all times.
Carpool spaces are reserved for Staff/Faculty who are formally registered in our carpool program The spaces are reserved between the hours of 7:00am-5:00pm, Monday-Friday. Staff/Faculty may only utilize the spaces on the days they carpool to work and must display a valid Otis Carpool permit at all times. Wall and/or ground signage will indicate which areas or rows within the structure are designated as carpool spaces. Regular permit holders may use these spaces from 5:00pm-7:00am. To learn more or get started visit http://www.otis.edu/human-resources-development/carpooling