Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Otis College pays for Aetna Resources For LivingSM, an Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for you and your family. EAP services includes assessments, diagnosis, referral, and short term problem resolution.
Aetna Resources For LivingSM is an employer sponsored program, available at no cost to you and all members of your household. That includes dependent children up to age 26, whether or not they live at home. Services are confidential and available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Material on this page derives from the Aetna EAP brochure, a PDF file.
Counseling and Relationship Support
- You can call our dedicated staff, 24 hours a day; you can also talk to licensed behavioral health professionals for emotional support
- Up to 3 counseling sessions per issue per year with licensed network professionals at no cost to you; you don’t have to worry about copays or deductibles
- Counseling sessions are available face to face, by phone or televideo
- Support, consultation and resources for a range of issues such as: helping you balance work and home life, family relationship issues, depression, conflict management, alcohol/substance abuse, stress management and more
- A customized website which offers a full range of tools and resources on behavioral health and worklife balance topics. Most sections of the website are available in Spanish. Website links include:
- Articles and self-assessments
- Access to worklife service providers
- Stress Resource Center
- Live webinars and on-demand library
- Mobile app
- myStrength – a “health club” for your mind
- Discount Center with discounts on brand-name products and services, including computers and electronics, theme parks, movie tickets, local attractions, travel gifts, apparel, flowers, jewelry, fitness centers and more
Worklife Balance Services
- Consultation, information, and assistance with locating resources such as:
- Child care, parenting and adoption
- Summer programs for kids
- School and financial aid research
- Care for older adults
- Caregiver support
- Special needs
- Pet care
- Home repair and improvement
- Household services
- Care kits related to prenatal, child care or adult care
- ½ hour free consultation with a participating attorney for each new legal topic (each plan year) related to:
- General, family, criminal law
- Elder law and estate planning
- Wills and other document preparation
- Real estate transactions
- Mediation services
- A discount of 25% off of the fees for services beyond the initial consultation (excluding flat legal fees, contingency fees and plan mediator services)
- Services must be related to the employee/ eligible household members; employment law is excluded
- ½ hour free telephonic consultation for each new financial topic (each plan year) related to:
- Retirement or other financial planning
- Mortgages and refinancing
- Credit and debt issues
- College funding
- Tax and IRS questions and preparation
- A discount of 25% off tax preparation services
- Services must be for financial matters related to the employee and eligible household members
Identity theft services – One hour fraud resolution phone consultation or coaching about ID theft prevention and credit restoration. Services include a free emergency kit for victims.
Aetna Resources For LivingSM is the brand name used for products and services offered through the Aetna group of subsidiary companies (Aetna). The EAP is administered by Aetna Behavioral Health, LLC. In California for Knox-Keene plans, Aetna Health of California, Inc. and Health and Human Resources Center, Inc.
All EAP calls are confidential, except as required by law. This material is for informational purposes only. It contains only a partial, general description of programs and services and does not constitute a contract. EAP instructors, educators, and network participating providers are independent contractors and are neither agents nor employees of Aetna. Aetna does not direct, manage, oversee or control the individual services provided by these persons and does not assume any responsibility or liability for the services they provide and, therefore, cannot guarantee any results or outcomes. The availability of any particular provider cannot be guaranteed and is subject to change. Information is believed to be accurate as of the production date; however, it is subject to change. For more information, about Aetna plans, refer to www.aetna.com.