International students are welcome to attend Summer of Art. The program is conducted in English only, so international students must have college-ready English language skills.
English Language Competency
- A letter on school letterhead from a school official, counselor, or English teacher that affirms college-ready skills in listening to, speaking, reading, and writing English
- Proof of one of the following language competency test scores:
- TOEFL exam with a score of 79 or above
- Pearson Test of English with a score of 58 or above
- iELTS with overall band score of 6.5 or above
Can I attend for College Credit?
In order to attend Summer of Art for College Credit, an I-20 Certificate of Eligibility for an F-1 student visa* is required. International students attending for college credit must:
- Currently reside in the United States
- Be attending another academic institution under a current student visa
- Submit proof of attendance from your school on current letterhead, with dates of attendance, and signed by a Designated School Official
- Submit copies of your passport, visa and I-20
If I am not eligible for an F-1 visa, can I attend for Non-Credit?
International students who are not eligible to obtain an international F-1 student visa* can apply for a B-visa* at a U.S. Embassy or Consulate and participate in the course for no-credit as incidental study.
Does the Summer of Art provide visas for international students?
The Summer of Art office does not provide visas; however, once your registration is processed, we will provide international students with a letter of invitation that may be used to obtain a B-visa* or other necessary documents.
All international students must provide confirmation of English language competency, and copies of passport and visa.
Deadline for International Students: May 31
In order to allow enough time to handle travel arrangements and coordination with your U.S. Embassy or Consulate, the deadline for international students to submit all documents and full payment is Friday, May 31, 2019.
In the event of denial from the U.S. Embassy or Consulate, a full refund will be granted to students who withdraw prior to July 1, 2019. However, the Summer of Art program policies for withdrawal and refunds will be enforced after the program begins. See Program Policies for details.
Due to Federal guidelines under the United States Homeland Security Act, Summer of Art will not admit students without current U.S. Federal documentation. Applications without proper documentation will not be processed.
Please contact the Summer of Art office for more information on required documents and instructions via email or call 310.665.6864.
*Other visa types may be eligible, contact the Summer of Art office with questions.