You are here
Design Lab operates within the Communications and Marketing Department of Otis College of Art and Design. It is the only design studio in Los Angeles that functions through a collaboration between students, staff, faculty, and external client partnerships.
HOW DESIGN LAB WORKS
Otis Design lab functions like an internship at a commercial art and design studio. All projects are overseen and directed by the lab's Creative Director, Emily Carlson, and executed by a team of students from diverse fields of study. Faculty mentors are brought into the process on a project basis.
Design Lab benefits students by:
- Challenging them to work collaboratively to solve real-world design problems, from concept through production
- Exposing them to a hybrid remote/in-person work culture, and the technological fluencies expected in today’s workplace
- Building their presentation and communication skills
- Providing access to industry, allowing them to build their professional networks post-graduation
WHY WORK WITH US?
Design Lab isn’t just another design studio, it offers an opportunity to support arts education while meeting your business goals. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to set up an appointment.
Design Lab benefits our partners by:
- Providing access to the best up-and-coming designers in the industry, as well as their faculty mentors
- Offering a diverse, youthful, multidisciplinary perspective. Unlike a traditional design studio, our students come from many different fields of study: illustration, graphic design, product design, fine art, and more.
- Giving their project a philanthropic backstory, which can be leveraged for PR and social media purposes.