Honorary Degree Recipient John Mason ’57 and Trustee Bronya Galef
Each year Otis selects one or two individuals to receive the Honorary Doctorate degree at the Commencement Ceremony in May. One of the recipients also serves as Commencement Speaker. Recommended individuals should meet some combination of the following criteria:
1. Have a background and experiences that reflect the College mission and its programs..
2. Have influenced professional practice, and have a background and experiences that place
the recommended individuals at the pinnacle of their field.
3. Contribute to the College's reputation.
4. Serve as a role model for students.
5. Reflect the College's aspirations.
6. Have served, or could serve, as a friend and ambassador of the College.
7. Are good public speakers (if selected to speak on Commencement Day).