Career Services provides support to students and alumni through the stages of career exploration, personal and professional growth, and employment. As students, we encourage you to utilize the resources we offer.
Career Counselors are available to assist students and alumni. To make an appointment with a career counselor, please either call us at 424-207-2490 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Appointments are available with a counselor to discuss the following:
- Internship and job search assistance
- Resume and cover letter guidance
- Portfolio and reel review
- Interview preparation
- Informational interviews
- Mock interviews
- Major exploration
- Graduate school preparation
Current students and alumni have unlimited access to the Otis College of Art and Design Job Board. For current students, you can access the job board on your student dashboard. Extension students who are in the last semester of an Otis certificate program through 6 months after completion are eligible to use the job board. Please see our Extension Policy.
Otis College strongly encourages all students to complete multiple internships prior to graduation. Internship experience is crucial for professional preparation.
To search and apply for internship opportunities, please visit the Otis College of Art and Design Job Board that is located on your student dashboard or visit the Career Services Office. If you need further assistance, please make an appointment with one of our Career Counselors by calling us at 424-207-2490 or emailing us at email@example.com.
Internship Learning Outcomes
Students who successfully complete an internship at Otis will be able to:
- Apply classroom skills and techniques to their professional experiences.
- Prepare appropriate written materials such as cover letter, resumes and/or promo sheets.
- Develop professional portfolios, websites, and/or reels.
- Cultivate relationships and network with others in their chosen field.
- Execute company/organization research, job search strategies, such as informational interviews, the one-minute pitch, and interviewing skills to help them distinguish themselves and compete in the professional marketplace.
- Develop interpersonal skills necessary for successful self-advocacy and negotiation.
- Engage subject matter that expands on the curriculum at Otis.
- Evaluate their professional experience, determine appropriate areas for growth and reflect on aspirations and future goals.
Internship Recruitment Day
March 28, 2019
Intern Recruitment Day gives you the unique opportunity to interview with employers on-campus for their summer internships, freelance, part-time, and full-time positions. For more information, please attend an Information Session or visit the Career Services page on your dashboard.
Location: Ahmanson 207
Phone: (424) 207-2490