Housing Applications Open March 1, 2024
The Housing Contract is 10-months, BOTH fall and spring semesters. Students are committing to living in housing for the full academic year (August 2024 - May 2025).
Current residents must apply for housing on an annual basis.
The Residence Hall and Park West affiliated apartments are at double occupancy, meaning two students to a bedroom, with four students sharing the apartment/suite. Students will have a direct roommate and two suitemates in the second bedroom.
Continuing Student Priority Deadline: March 10, 2024
New Student Priority Deadline: May 15, 2024
We understand that you may have many questions about housing and how to prepare for your arrival. Please use the following tabs to learn more about our policies and protocols, Move In, and what you can expect. More information will be sent to students over the coming months as their space in housing is confirmed.
Students with confirmed housing will receive an email to sign up for a move in appointment. Students will be expected to arrive during their move in appointment. Below are the Move In days:
- New Student Move In | Tuesday, August 20 (appointments available 9am - 4:30pm)
- Continuing Student Move In | Friday, August 23 (appointments available 9am - 4:30pm)
Please be sure to plan flights and arrival times accordingly. Early or late arrivals cannot be accommodated.
To learn more about what is included in each housing option and what you should bring, please view our packing lists:
Housing Orientation (Attendance Required)
Housing orientation will take place on the days listed below. This is a required meeting for all residential students, as we will introduce the staff, review policies, and provide important details about living with us.
- New Student Housing Orientation | Tuesday, August 20 (evening, Time TBD)
- Continuing Student Housing Orientation | Friday, August 23 (evening, Time TBD)
Additional details will be sent to students with a confirmed place in housing.
We will be providing students with an orientation to explain all requirements, expectations, and safety protocols. Otis College follows the guidance from the Los Angeles County Department of Public Health:
- Vaccines. The COVID-19 vaccination is strongly recommended. Otis College continues to stress the importance of the COVID-19 vaccines and will continue to provide COVID-19 vaccine clinics throughout the school year.
- COVID-19 Testing. Any students experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 can be tested through the Student Health and Wellness Center for free.
- Isolation Rooms. Rooms will be held offline in order to have a space to isolate students as needed. SHWC and Residence Life and Housing check in with the students needing to isolate, to make sure they are taken care of, as well as providing services such as food and support.
Students should view The Hoot and Hallway Handbook for a full list of policies students are expected to follow while living in housing. COVID-19 policies are subject to change based on guidelines from Los Angeles County Department of Public Health.
Park West residents are required to purchase renters insurance. Residence Hall residents are strongly encouraged to purchase renters insurance. More information on insurance options will be available soon.
For Park West Students Only. Students living at Park West are required to pay a $300 damage deposit, This payment is seperate from the student's account. We do require having this payment on file prior to a student moving. The damage deposit is refundable, less damage and/or move-out charges apply, at the end of the academic year. Upon moving in, students will complete a Room Condition Report, noting any damages or problems with their space. When a student moves out, they will complete a similar form updating us on any damages or problems. Staff will walk the space once all students leave for one final assessment. Residence Life and Housing will compare the forms and then assess any charges to the students' accounts. Once this is completed, damage deposits will be returned to the student’s preferred refund selection through BankMobile Disbursements, a technology solution, powered by BMTX, Inc.
- Hotel June | 8639 Lincoln Blvd, LA 90045
Hotel June is walking distance from campus, making it the nearest hotel. Use the code OTIS for an Otis College discount.
- Ralph's | 8701 Lincoln Blvd - across the street from campus
- Bristol Farms | 8448 Lincoln Blvd - a quick walk from campus
- Trader Joe's | 8645 S Sepulveda Blvd - a 5 minute drive from campus
- Costco | 13463 Washington Blvd, Marina Del Rey, CA 90292 - a 15 minute drive from campus
- Target | 8900 S Sepulveda Blvd - a 5 minute drive from campus
- Kohl's | 8739 S Sepulveda Blvd - a 5 minute drive from campus
- IKEA | 20700 S Avalon Blvd Carson, CA 90746 - a 20 minute drive from campus
- The Container Store | 710 S Sepulveda Blvd El Segundo, CA 90245 - a 15 minute drive from campus
Art and Design Supplies
- Graphaids | on campus
- Blick's Art Supply Store | 2602 Lincoln Blvd, Santa Monica, CA 90405 - a 20 minute drive from campus
- Michael's | 3340 W Century Blvd, Inglewood, CA 90303 - a 15 minute drive from campus
- Home Depot | 12975 W Jefferson Blvd - a 6 minute drive from campus
Exploring Los Angeles
Learn about the museums, cultural events, and other aspects of LA here.
Students are assigned Resident Assistants (RAs) in each housing location. The RAs serve as a resource for students as they transition to their new home and navigate Otis College. In addition, the RAs foster and develop community among residential students through dialogue, engagement, and programming! Some programs that have been coordinated in the past include:
- Game/Movie Nights
- Bob Ross Painting Sessions
- Disco Night
- Caricature Drawing
- Adventure Time Roundtable Readings
These programs are ways to connect with other residential students. We encourage students to attend these events to connect with others and to build new friendships. If students are excited about a potential program idea, we encourage them to reach out to their RA to discuss planning! Follow our Instagram @otis.housing to keep connected with updates and programming.
Culture of Inclusion
Residence Life and Housing strives to create an inclusive living environment that honors the intersections of all identities. The professional staff and RAs are trained on various topics of diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) to be prepared to support our students. Additionally, our staff engages in conversations on Otis’ DEI Statement and 10 points to promote a more equitable campus that welcomes and celebrates every Otis student. To read more about Oti’s DEI Statement and 10 points, click here.
Clubs and Organizations
Another way for students to be involved on campus is to join a campus club/organization. These clubs and organizations are student-led and create fun programs and activities for students. Learn more about the different opportunities to join here.
Campus Activities Board (CAB)
CAB is composed of student leaders that work to enhance and unify the Otis college community by coordinating, overseeing, and executing all student led campus activities. All members of CAB provide leadership and support to fellow CAB members and student led campus activities. These programs and activities are open to all students and is an additional way for students to connect with other Otis peers. Learn more about CAB here. Stay connected with CAB on Instagram @Otiscab.
Safety and Security
Campus Safety is present on campus 24/7. Students can contact the office at 310.665.6965. While we are in a safe neighborhood within Los Angeles, we still recommend the following to keep our community safe:
- Sign up for Live Safe. Live Safe is an app that allows students to share information with Campus Safety, provides notifications of emergency situations, and allows for SafeWalk (someone can view your walk to another location).
- Always close and lock your door when leaving your apartment/suite.
- Do not let any unrecognized individuals into the building. If a person lives there, they should be able to access it.
- Use the buddy system when exploring Los Angeles beyond the campus.