Thank you for your interest in Otis College of Art and Design and our students!
To Post a Job or Internship
If you would like to post an internship, freelance, part-time, or full-time opportunity, please register at no charge on the Otis College on-line job board. All of our current students and alumni have access to the job board, and check it frequently for opportunities. Please note Otis College of Art and Design only posts creative, art, and design based positions for our students and alumni, and do not post general sales and marketing positions.
To register on the Otis College of Art and Design Job Board:
- Click the "Register" tab and follow the directions
- Select the most applicable industry
- Please include the company description and website
- Please allow 48 hours for pre-approval of your company
The Class of 2018 Portfolios
If you are interested in hiring our recent graduates, please review their online portfolios and feel free to contact them directly.
Otis College of Art and Design encourages all students to participate in internships.
Students who successfully complete an internship at Otis College will be able to:
- Apply classroom skills and techniques to their professional experiences.
- Prepare appropriate written materials such as cover letter, resumes and/or promo sheets.
- Develop professional portfolios, websites, and/or reels.
- Cultivate relationships and network with others in their chosen field.
- Execute company/organization research, job search strategies, such as informational interviews, the one-minute pitch, and interviewing skills to help them distinguish themselves and compete in the professional marketplace.
- Develop interpersonal skills necessary for successful self-advocacy and negotiation.
- Engage subject matter that expands on the curriculum at Otis.
- Evaluate their professional experience, determine appropriate areas for growth and reflect on aspirations and future goals.
Important Information Regarding Hiring International Students
- All current students who have completed a full academic year are eligible to work in the United States, under their F-1 student visa status, with approval from either the host school or USCIS. You do not need to provide sponsorship for them to work.
- All recent graduates are eligible to work in the United States for at least 12 months post-graduation, under their F-1 student visa status.
- Digital Media graduates are eligible for STEM-OPT, which allows them to work for 3 years post-graduation under their F-1 visa status. Sponsorship is not required.
- Otis College will provide their visa paperwork after you provide an Employer Offer Letter. Here is a sample.
For inquiries regarding on-campus recruitment and corporate/community partnerships, please contact:
Jason Barquero - Executive Director, Office of Career Services
Phone: (310) 665-6966