Otis College strongly encourages all students to complete multiple internships prior to graduation. Internship experience is crucial for professional preparation.
To search and apply for internship opportunities, please visit the Otis College of Art and Design Job Board located on your student dashboard or visit the Career Services Office. If you need further assistance, please make an appointment with one of our Career Counselors by calling us at 424-207-2490 or emailing us at email@example.com.
Internship Learning Outcomes
Students who successfully complete an internship at Otis will be able to:
- Apply classroom skills and techniques to their professional experiences.
- Prepare appropriate written materials such as cover letter, resumes and/or promo sheets.
- Develop professional portfolios, websites, and/or reels.
- Cultivate relationships and network with others in their chosen field.
- Execute company/organization research, job search strategies, such as informational interviews, the one-minute pitch, and interviewing skills to help them distinguish themselves and compete in the professional marketplace.
- Develop interpersonal skills necessary for successful self-advocacy and negotiation.
- Engage subject matter that expands on the curriculum at Otis.
- Evaluate their professional experience, determine appropriate areas for growth and reflect on aspirations and future goals.
Location: Ahmanson 207
Phone: (424) 207-2490